Follow the right steps at Spring Pool Opening to give you & your family an enjoyable swimming season.
Easy to follow. Worth the time. Saves time, money & effort.
- Remove all the leaves, dirt & debris from the winter cover before removing it.
- Remove all winter & ice expansion plugs (Gizzmos).
- Bring the Water Level up to normal operating level.
- Carefully remove the winter cover.
- Hook up the filter system.
- When starting the pump for the first time, be sure to “prime” the pump with water.
- Clean & vacuum the pool of all dirt & debris.
- Clean the liner or tile line with a good quality pool surface cleaner
- Add your initial doses of shock & algaecide.
- Allow the opening or start up chemicals to circulate for 24 - 36 hours before doing any testing or water balancing.
- Install ladders & deck equipment.
- Filter 24 - 72 hours before bringing in an Opening water sample for Testing & Analysis.
- Chemically clean the filter after 2 weeks.
Click here for pre-opening tips.
Click here for the full pool opening steps article.
Contact us with your questions:
Phone: 203-377-0100, Monday - Saturday, 10 - 5 pm Eastern Time, Connecticut, USA.
Follow ParPools.com on the web:
Remember that you can view ALL of our Pool, Spa & Backyard videos at YouTube. Become a subscriber & be notified when new videos are posted. YouTube.com/parpoolspa
Friend or Like us on Facebook for the latest sales & information notifications: FaceBook.com/par-pool-spa
Follow us on Twitter: @parpools