The question is: How do I keep my pool great & crystal clear all Pool Party long?
That's right a little preparation before the party even starts will keep your pool looking crystal clear & inviting during the entire party.
Just follow these easy steps:
1. The DAY BEFORE the party: Adjust the pH to 7.4 to 7.6. Also make any adjustments to Total Alkalinity & Calcium Hardness as needed. Time required: 10 - 15 minutes.
2. The NIGHT BEFORE the party: Shock the pool well. Depending on your pool's size & how many partiers you're expecting, consider doing a double or triple dose. Even if the chlorine level is a high at party time, it will soon be dissipated and used up as kids & adults swim, play & have fun. Be sure to let the filter run overnight. Time required: 10 - 15 minutes.
3. The MORNING of the party: Perform some simple, regular maintenance. Vacuum the pool, clean out the baskets, backwash or clean the filter cartridges. Retest the pool water. I know the chlorine will be high; that's OK. Time required: about 30 - 60 minutes.
4. At a break DURING the party: shock the pool with BioGuard Easy Shock & Swim. Use at a rate of 1 pound per 5,000 gallons. This "lite" shock will oxidize swimmer waste (read that as suntan lotions, make-up, hair gel, urine (how often didn't people get out to use the bathroom?), etc. BioGuard Easy Shock & Swim is the "party" shock that ParPools.com recommends because you can use the pool in just 15 minutes after addition!
Click here to purchase BioGuard Easy Shock & Swim.
5. AFTER the party: Shock the pool. While you're cleaning up the yard & the grill, just simply shock the pool. In fact, wait until you're finished, so that YOU can take one last relaxing dip. Let the filter run overnight again. The next day, you can test the water & make any adjustments necessary.
You've done your duty for the day!
For the health & safety of you, your family & guests, be sure to follow all pool rules. Here's a list to keep handy if you need them.
Contact us with your questions:
Phone: 203-377-0100 , Monday - Saturday, 10 - 5 pm Eastern Time, Connecticut, USA.
Follow ParPools.com on the web:
Friend or Like us on Facebook for the latest sales & information notifications: FaceBook.com/par-pool-spa
Follow us on Twitter: @parpools